Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Terror Watch, Level Red

I took a trip to St. Louis yesterday for the duration of twenty hours, half of which were spent sleeping. It was not a wasted trip: I saw The Host, a Korean monster movie, and The Birds, a classic American thriller, and spent time with Christian and his mom. Before I even turned on the car, though, I got in and met face to face with a quandary: a worm on my windshield.

Maybe I am ignorant or of little faith, but this was enough to puzzle me off and on throughout the trip. True, it rained the day beforehand, but a downpour doesn't make a common earthworm strong enough to brave the metallic jungle of my car's exterior to wriggle onto my windshield for no apparent reason. I was left with no other explanation than someone put it there. Some vicious urchin placed this poor worm on my car in either mysterious retribution for a forgotten misdeed of mine, or else I was the victim of the first annelid terrorist attack in known history. Somehow I'd like to believe the latter.

No comments: