Sunday, April 15, 2007

One is Pewter; the Other, Fool's Gold

A week ago, a female pal of mine asked if I wanted to have lunch or dinner, seeing that it was Easter and we had mostly nothing else to do. Sounds like fun, sure, so we agreed that I would cook spaghetti in my apartment, she would pick me up, we'd go to her dorm and combine the noodles with her sauce and watch Animal Planet with her suitemate at 7. She suggested I bring Jared, but I asked and he had rehearsal. Later on in the day, I talked to another mutual friend of ours who was feeling a little neglected and decided to invite him instead. He felt awkward about going to the dorms, so figured, hell, I have cable, let's have it at my house. I told her that, and then she said that we probably wouldn't want to all sit around and watch TV, and her suitemate might feel awkward. And despite my insistence otherwise, she cancelled the whole thing. So I ate with my other friend instead.

I learned later that she was mad at me because she wanted it to be more of a girl's night, a one-on-one thing. Which doesn't make much sense, considering. And now my other friend is mad at me again because he thinks that I don't want to spend time with him as much as I used to.

Last night I tried to talk to and show concern for someone that I still care about and respect very deeply, and was subsequently snubbed and ignored. Granted, I was a little drunk so I suppose it could have come across as mildly creepy. Still.

OK, guys. I get it. I'm getting a lot of messages here, but the one that comes out the clearest is that next time, I shouldn't fucking bother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emo.