Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Confusion and Contradiction in the Rec Center

I had to get a special guest card at the gym because they won't let you use the facilities after you graduate, and even with it, I can't work out there after 2 PM without paying two dollars. However, the girl swiping my card either didn't notice or ignored that fact, so I got in for free.

The second thing I noticed when walking towards the locker room were the three huge sheet cakes sitting on a table, "provided by the Student Senate" for the tenth anniversary of the Rec Center or something. I was pleasedly puzzled, because considering it's kind of supposed to be an establishment promoting healthy lifestyles, I'd think they'd at least have fruit plates or something, but the counterproductivity of the fact was far outweighed by my desire to have cake. I sat down to eat a slice after running, saw Jared's brother, and talked to him for a few minutes about how he should write his German essay on him not paying attention in class because he was distracted by the frisbee players outside.

Finally, when walking out, I noticed a list of activities scheduled in weekly segments for the first semester. One of the first was "Fantasy Football."

No comments: