Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lucy in the Hamptons with Lavendar Overlord

For anyone who doesn't know yet, the summer show at Truman is going to be Lu Ann Hampton Laverty Oberlander by Preston Jones. I read it today, and in concurrence with the suspicions of my friends and myself, it's a lot like a West Texas Heidi Chronicles. Except there's no feminism or art, or five-page long monologues, and very little deeper meaning other than "Get the hell out of this small town while you still can, and while you're at it, stop being so naive."

I think Ron is trying to inspire us.

It's also a lot funnier, and in a much less pretentious way. I think the only name dropped was when Lu Ann told the man who inspected the dirt that went on highways before the cement was doing a piss-poor job because the roads around Bradleyville were "more holey than Billy Graham's mother-in-law."

I can't wait to audition.

No comments: