Sunday, October 14, 2007

This Is Shorter, I Promise: Reflections Upon Leaving St. Louis

The first night I went to dinner with my brother, my mom, her douchebag boyfriend, and Joey and Rosie Pini. Almost all of us had margaritas. It was the first time my mom had consciously drank in front of me. I was both surprised and not surprised that I could recognize the behavior.

I got to see everyone I wanted except two: my aunt and Kellie. I haven't seen my aunt for over a year and a half, and I didn't get to give Kellie the picture I drew of her. Such is life.

I tried to visit Chekhov at Rachel's parents' house. They weren't home, so I didn't really get to. He had on a chain collar and growled at Christian and me when we approached the door.

I spent the most time with Christian, which I think was appropriate.

I haven't considered St. Louis "home" in quite some time.

No comments: